How to Consign
How it Works
- Items are accepted on consignment. You get paid once the items sell. We are currently not offering cash buyout options. See consignment percentages below.
- No appointment necessary (just bring your items in during our drop off hours).
- No setup fee.
- Items are on a 90 consignment and are subject to markdowns every 30 days. Seasonal items may be subject to shorter consignment times.
- We ask that items are in excellent condition, current styles and from a smoke free home. Items must be brought in on hangers or fold neatly in tubs. *We do not accept items in trash bags.
- Monthly payouts of $50 or more will be sent via direct deposit (Simple Pay).
- Account balances of $100 or less may be picked up anytime in store.
- Account balances of $100-$200 may be picked IF consignor calls 24 hours in advance to request it.
- Account balances of $200 or more (and customer wants to pick up in-store) will be paid via check. There will be a $4.50 check fee. Consignors should schedule this ahead of time.
- **Our preference is that all consignors sign up for Simple Pay.
- Things to know:
- You, the consignor, enter your bank account information into your secure, online account portal.
- We do NOT have any access to your bank account.
- Simple Pay is processed on the 1st week o the month, for the previous month's sales. The $2.50 fee is deducted from the account immediately. The direct deposit does not hit consignors account for 2-4 business days.
- Click Here to for easy step-by-step setup instructions.
- We must have your email address on file for you to have online access to your account. We will then send you an email to set up a secure account.
What Amanda's Exchange Is:
We offer a convenient way to sell your clothing, accessories, furniture and home goods on consignment. To sell on consignment means that we partner together to present your merchandise in an attractive way– in order to sell it and generate income for the both of us. Amanda’s Exchange selects merchandise that meets the demand of what our customer base is seeking. Items must be in excellent condition and better brands.
What Amanda's Exchange Is Not:
A donation drop site or thrift store. Since we are a consignment store, we methodically select the merchandise that we will place on our floor for sale. Items that we are unable to accept are returned to you (the consignor). While we are able to accept small quantities of merchandise that we will donate to an outside source on your behalf, please pre-sort your items to meet our consignment guidelines prior to bringing the merchandise into the store. Due to the volume of consignments we accept, we are unable to sort large “drop and donates” that do not fit the guidelines outlined on our website.
Large Furniture Items
All items are approved in-store except large furniture. For large furniture approval , please visit the link below and fill out our "furniture approval form". Answer the questions and upload pictures of your items.
Approved furniture may be brought in anytime, preferably Monday through Friday. We do ask that you have someone with you to help unload your items. If you need assistance from a mover, we can recommend one.
- Monday-Thursday: 10am-6pm
- Friday: 10am-5pm
- Drop-offs are not accepted on Saturdays.
- For shorter wait times, we encourage drop offs Tuesday through Friday.